A match made in heaven
Valentine’s Day; the day of love, traditionally known for celebrating relationships, and love for people. At Thornley Groves, we find great joy in matching people with their perfect property. Finding your dream home is similar to the search for 'the one'. The more you think about it, the more you’ll see the similarities between finding the right person and the right property. Both take time, patience, effort, and even a few heartbreaks before you can settle down and commit.
Below, we have compared the similarities between property and relationships to provide advice and insight on how you find your dream home.
What you see online isn’t always what you get
Whether it’s a home or a person, you can only tell so much from looking at photos. Online property photos are like online dating profiles – sometimes what you see isn’t what you get, but it's what's on the inside that matters – especially with property. Always keep an open mind and consider the potential in those with some flaws because not everyone – or every property – is perfect straight away.
Likewise, carefully check the descriptions. They could offer hints and tips about the property that you might not be able to gather from the photos.
You know what you want, but you need to compromise
You might be following a set of standards or criteria just like when you’re just starting to date. Dating someone for their looks alone might be fun at first, but the relationship won’t last without substance. The same is true when you’re looking for your next home. You might have fallen in love with a house because of its open-plan kitchen or a large garden, but it doesn’t have that third bedroom you desperately need.
It's important you understand your ‘must haves’ when searching for a property or a partner. There’s no point tying yourself into a long-term commitment if you’re simply not going to be happy in the future . However, a good partner, like a good homeowner, is flexible and will see the potential within that person or property. If you find a property that meets at least 85% of your requirements, you might need to initially compromise with the remaining 15%. And you never know… you might end up loving that 15% in the future!
You might have to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince
Like relationships, buying a house is a huge commitment and you shouldn’t rush such an important life decision. The reality is that finding ‘the one’ will most likely take time and effort. Viewing property after property can seem very time-consuming, and if you find one that you like enough to put an offer in, you also need to be prepared that you might experience some heartbreak. Good things come to those who wait and are patient, but trust the process. If you’re strategic with your house hunt with the help of an experienced estate agent who will negotiate on your behalf, you’ll be able to find the right home at the right time. There’s someone and something out there for everyone!
The perfect wingman
The most successful dates always involve a wingman. Trusted to have your back in the dating game, here at Thornley Groves we would like to think of ourselves as your very own property wingman, helping you secure the property love of your life. Whether that’s helping your property look its best for the online listing or introducing you to ‘the one,’ we can give you the confidence and support to find your dream home.Think you’re ready to find ‘the one’? Speak to our friendly, expert teams to get your search started today.